Wednesday, August 12, 2009

(08/12/09) New Local Talent

This past weekend was spent promoting a product for a campaign I've been assigned in Chicago. It went really well. The response was completely positive and I can't wait for the next events where we'll be able to do the same. So, if you know where I'll be come say hello and I'll give you a sample.

My friend Sal is known for his superb guitar playing skills. He's been in various bands in Chicago including latin alternative project Jaula and the electro-pop project of Subatomico. His brother Pat is killer on the drums as well. Quite the talented family! My other friend Luga rocks the bass and was a monster during his days in the always entertaining metal band Monospit. All three of them joined forces to create the band Caoba who made their debut recently at Fiesta del Sol. They've been doing a great job quickly acquiring new gigs at some of Chicago's major venues (Bottom Lounge, Rumba, Reggie's). Check them out next time you're up for some latin flavored pop en espaƱol.

And I have more to write but it's crunch time! Have to run get our show in to the station so it can air tonight at 8PM on Channel 25.

And....i'm out!

-ST

No comments:

Post a Comment