Thursday, September 3, 2009

(09/03/09) Event Attended Updates

By the time I woke up on Sunday morning, which was a reasonable hour despite the prior evening's amazingly fun time at Sonotheque, I knew I wouldn't make it to the rest of the weekend's final events including watching Making Movies & Minimal at Reggie's, Tropicaza at Wicker Well, Benjamin Anaya & Los Extraños Unidos at Cobra Lounge and Viva Fest at Grant Park. I was able to meet with the street teamers and hand them over the promo material for Viva Fest (and they moved hundreds of samples, yes!) and I made plans to attend the rest of the events but unfortunately, with the help of my lovely friend Bea and her assortment of relaxers, I finally slept soundly for the first time in years. Yes, years. Unfortunately I woke up too late to go anywhere as I had planned. Mil disculpas.

One of my favorite DJs ever is still in town and he played yesterday at Studio One. It was a fun time with a nice diverse crowd who appreciated the music and the spot we were in. I had a great time.

Photos are from all the weekend events. Glad it's finally over but would re-live the entire experience again and again. Thanks to everyone at FMEL for doing things right!



















No comments:

Post a Comment